Sunday, November 05, 2006

Company of Heroes

I've been neglecting my studies a bit too much lately by playing another Relic title, namely Company of Heroes. Very good and addictive game even though I've managed to take a little hiatus now this weekend to study since I've been playing it a lot. The missions are quite long and challenging, so they wear you down after a while. But it's great fun.

Last monday I got my Call of Cthulhu book and it didn't disappoint. We've been playing with an old version, so it was interesting to see how they had done some modification to the ruleset. I also started up another blog, Dr Jack Bundy's blog which features the personal journal of my character in our Call of Cthulhu game. My intention is for my character to keep daily records of the events that he experiences.

I've been looking into getting an MP3 player and it was a tough choice since none really seemed to have all the features I wanted or the price wasn't "right". A crucial thing I wanted was a replacable battery, but hardly any versions seemed to allow that. There was a couple, but then they either missed another feature or didn't have enough space or something else. So I ended up getting a Creative Zen V plus. An okay, cheaper price so in a couple of years when the battery dies I wont feel so bad. Apparently lithium ion batteries that power MP3 players and cell phones lose capacity from their construction date, even if you use them or not. So all you really can do is try and prolong the lifespan as long as possible. I'm hoping though since it was a lithium ion polymer battery which is a newer battery model doesn't lose as much capacity and since its an MP3 player it's hopefully even less. Apparently a laptop lithium ion battery lost 20% year just from normal usage (Wikipedia, 2006).

Study wise it's going alright. We pretty much got top score with the article we wrote. I did an economics knowledge test today that went better than what I had expected. I got two more articles to write, then work on the bachelor paper really begins in a week or so. Then I also have a Business Law class that focuses on negotiation, so I'll be swamped.

No comments: