Sunday, March 18, 2007

Storm and too many bosses

Hold on to your hats, there is another storm brewing in Sweden. It's been blowing a lot the last couple of days and tonight there's going to be another class 2 storm. So better stay indoors if you can.

I've got that pretty much covered. I need to stay indoors polishing my thesis and study for my IT Law exam this thursday.

In the news, I saw that the swedish tax agency wont provide information electronically anymore to websites like Ratsit who present people's salaries and debts without sending out a notice about x having done a credit check on you. I don't see the problem about salaries being so sensetive, especially since you can get a lot more sensetive public information about people like convictions etc.

In Computer Sweden I read about how a hospital is saving money by having introduced a system that informs the personnel how much procedures and surgeries etc cost, so they're saving a few hundred SEK on tests. Then I notice in the background on a photo a billboard where they have their organizational chart posted. So I see they have like 3 bosses and 1 head doctor for about 12 personnel. Now there I see some saving potential. I bet they thought they were ineffective so they fired 3 nurses so they could hire another "boss" to get things better organized. Geeze. You read daily about people dying because the doctor misdiagnosed and missed that the patient had cancer, so obviously taking too many tests isn't the problem.

Reminds me of the movie hot shots, where the jinxed guy crashes but lives and he is fine until he arrives perfectly well at the hospital. What could go wrong, he says, and then they cut to his funeral.

No comments: