Monday, July 16, 2007

Thunderstorm

There was a really intense thunderstorm early this morning here. It was pretty much straight ontop of us too.

In other news I completed my biggest translation project yet a while back; a 68 page analysis of a survey funded by the EU.

Since then I've been replaying Fallout 2 though and you will be pleased to know I will have it beaten soon. It's been rewarding to replay it mainly since it was so many years ago I played it last, so you've had a chance to forget some stuff.

Since I watch Battlestar Galactica now, since they air it friday nights when I watch TV. I don't watch much tv in general so I have trouble following series unless they air them pretty late at night. So I had to dig out an old classic called StarLancer and have been replaying it some. I never got around to beating it so it lingers on me. It is the predecessor to Freelancer and made by the Wing Commander people. It never really sold very well though, but I saw that at least a few years ago it did have a pretty strong following.

Too bad the niche games seem to be the best, but since their following is too small the games get no sequels. Starlancer didn't sell well enough for them even to bother making a patch, so I had to spend some time troubleshooting to get it to work on Windows XP. I finally got it to stop crashing though.

No comments: