Friday, October 20, 2006

Dell, Gateway and other bastards

After reading about how Dell and Gateway are running over a swedish inventor in the US court system to try and steal his patent and not pay for the patent they're using, I too want to jump on the boycott Dell and Gateway bandwagon.

It is a miscarriage of justice because the swedish inventor is in the right because it's his patents, but he is basically being run over by US judges judging in the favor of US corporations because of technicalities. Technicalities which are the result of his prior lawyers alledgedly being corrupt and being in bed with Dell and Gateway.

So on the editorial today in Computer Sweden there was a call for
a boycott of these two companies which I fully endorse.

Speaking of other bastards, we were supposed to have another session Call of Cthulhu today, so I had been planning for this for a few days making the neccessary planning etc. My g/f went to visit her mom and so forth. And guess what? Of course a couple of hours before play, even though he had said he was on for the session, one of the players cancels because he thinks it would be dull with only three people attending. Three is like our standard attendance rate. The other guy at least had an excuse and he never said he was on.

If it is so dull for him, what does he think it is for me having the session cancelled the last minute so I'm unable to make other plans? I got a whole lot of better stuff to do than sit around and wait for if people can be bothered to keep their word or not. I just find it so disrespectul cancelling in the last minute with no concern for the time I had invested, especially for such a lame excuse as that it would be "dull". I only got one thing to say to that, I've played loads of times with only three attending and if you think that's dull its because you're dull.

Sure, more the merrier, but it just seems like such a dumb excuse. Oh well, I guess some people think their time is more important than others. At least I can lie safely at rest knowing that Cthulhu will make them pay dearly...

No comments: